Treatment Plan Overviews Codependence
Part of our behavioral health resources, this is a broad overview of our treatment plan for the treatment of codependency. Age- and gender-specific resources are available for adults and juveniles (males and females). For more information, feel free to contact us or fill out our phone consultation form.
- Major Goals
- 1. Increased understanding of co-dependency/relationships issues
- 2. Correct irrational thinking leading to codependency or relationship issues and interpersonal problems
- 3. Address areas of potential concern for future relationships
- See Also
- Identify underlying issues.
- Take initial steps toward dealing with those issues and applying new skills towards healthy relationships.
- Accept that codependency/relationships issues are causing him problems
2. Correct irrational thinking leading to codependency or relationship issues and interpersonal problems
Identify specific areas of cognitive distortion (“Stinking thinking”); challenge irrational thoughts with reality
Evaluate current status of codependency/relationships issues. Identify potential concerns:
- people with whom a codependent relationship might be reestablished
- old patterns which may emerge
- high risk people, places, or situations
At this point, the counselor and client should develop and implement individual action plan. Link with community support groups and counselors (as appropriate).
The following pages may also be helpful:
Behavioral Health and Dual Diagnosis — specific behavioral health and dual diagnosis treatment planning and program resources for more than 20 DSM-IV diagnoses and issues, including anxiety disorders, depression, PTSD, ADHD, etc. Behavioral health resources include counselors' tools, model treatment plans, and client workbooks. [more]